| || |
1. DO get a mortgage pre-approval. Getting this early green light will help others involved with your purchase know that you are serious about home ownership – and well-qualified. It will also lock in a mortgage rate so you can shop with confidence that you are protected from any rate increases during your pre qualifying period. Some of the local bank branches in Pictou County even have mortgage specialists who will meet with you at your home or right in our office on evenings and week ends.
2. DO find a REALTOR® you can develop a comfortable working relationship with. Your Coldwell Banker M B Green sales professional will work hard to help you find the perfect home. At your request we will arrange our Personal Retriever system to automatically send you new listings that fit your wish list as soon as they come on the market. We also work closely with our friendly competitors to help us find the perfect home for our buyer clients.
3. DO utilize free online tools to arm you with as much knowledge as possible. A visit to some of the great resources under links on our website is a great place to start.
4. DO access and closely review your credit score. A sound financial track record and solid credit score can help lock in a loan and lower interest rates. Check your records in advance to catch any errors ahead of time, and to better understand how lenders may perceive you.
5. DO line up your "all-star" team of professionals before game day. A team of experienced professionals will be key to making the home buying process simple and seamless. Start by interviewing and selecting a sales representative who you "connect" with. Your Coldwell Banker M B Green Realty sales professional can provide you with contact information for experienced lawyers, mortgage lenders, home inspectors and others who play a role in the process.
6. DO anticipate your future needs and buy for lifestyle. Try to anticipate how long you’ll live in your next home and plan for major lifestyle changes when possible. What may make a perfect starter home for a couple might not work as well when children come into the picture.
7. DO hone in on your housing priorities. Your ideal home may have a porch, a pool and three full baths. But before you start looking, make sure to separate your "must-haves" from your "nice to haves," so you know where you can compromise to meet your budget.
8. DO keep an open mind. It is a good idea to look at a variety of homes that fit your price range. It is not uncommon for buyers who start out planning to buy a bungalow in the county to decide on the two storey close to an elementary school in town instead.
9. DO relax and enjoy the experience. If you allow enough time to explore the market and you team up with a REALTOR® you are comfortable working with, buying a home should be an exciting, educational and enjoyable process.
10. DO call one of our experienced and friendly team at Coldwell Banker M B Green Realty for a pre-buying consultation today.
HAPPY HOME HUNTING!